On Thursday morning, 2 July 2020, Dr David Quin AM, one of the founding members of the SJOS Committee, passed away. David had not been well, having spent time recently in The Alfred, but he died peacefully, surrounded by many members of his very large extended family.
David was admired by all as a very humble, true gentleman, a wise man with a great ability to bring people together. His compassion, his insightfulness, his vision and his proactive attitude inspired many to step up and volunteer, to make a difference. He was a truly remarkable man, so generous with his time, extremely charitable and a man of great faith. He was an inspiration to us all, he will be greatly missed, and it was a pleasure and a privilege to have known him. He left a great legacy, as he was “a man for others”.
The family held a beautiful funeral at Xavier College, challenged by the COVID-19 restrictions. SJOS will have a memorial service for David,
once large gatherings are allowed again. R.I.P. David
Some kind words from people who knew David:
- An original member of the SJOS team, his wisdom at Committee Meetings was always amazing and so insightful.
- His vision and action in creating SJOS have inspired so many of us to step up and volunteer to make a difference. I always enjoyed catching up with David at meetings and events over the years. He was very good to me. May he Rest In Peace.
- He was so generous.
- It was a pleasure to have known David.
- It was a life well-lived.
- A great loss to many - a true gentleman and very humble
- He was a truly remarkable man - generous, charitable and a man of great faith
- He will be greatly missed
- A terrific bloke with a tremendous amount of drive and passion
- A most wonderful man and a great privilege to have known him
- He was a gentle, wise man with a great ability to bring people together. He is now at peace.
- He was such a beautiful, wise man with enormous drive and compassion
- He was a kind and gentle man who left a fabulous legacy
- Such a wonderful man
- He was an inspiration to us all
- He really was 'a man for others'
- He was very special and it was truly a privilege to have known him.
In lieu of flowers, donations welcome to St Joseph’s Outreach Services, a charity very dear to Dr David Quin - Donate Here.
Funeral Mass for Dr David Wyndham Quin will be live-streamed on Wednesday, (July 8 2020) at 11 am.
To view the Mass please visit www.tobinbrothers.com.au and search Quin in the webcast and funeral notices.
Leave a Reply